The First and Only Lens That Can Be Customized AFTER Cataract Surgery
With traditional intraocular lenses (IOLs), your physician performs measurements before your surgery in order to select the best IOL to try to achieve your vision goals. Once your surgery is complete and the IOL has been implanted, your physician has limited options to adjust the lens power.
With the RxSight™ Light Adjustable Lens, you and your doctor can now customize your vision after your eye has healed from cataract surgery. This is because the Light Adjustable Lens is made of a special photosensitive material that changes the shape and power of your implanted lens in response to ultraviolet (UV) light. You and your physician will have the unique ability to adjust and preview your vision until it meets your personal desires and lifestyle requirements.
The cataract removal and IOL implantation procedure is the same as if you selected a non-adjustable IOL. Then, in the weeks that follow, your physician will customize your vision through a series of non-invasive light treatments that take only a few minutes each. You may need 3 to 5 total light treatments over a period of several weeks to reach your vision goals.
The Light Adjustable Lens delivers superior vision outcomes that non-adjustable IOLs cannot match. In a clinical study, the majority of patients who received the Light Adjustable Lens achieved 20/20 or better vision at 6 months without glasses.1
- US Food and Drug Administration. Summary of Safety and Effectiveness (SSED) of Light Adjustable Lens and Light Delivery Device system
Light Adjustable Lens Fast Facts
- The first and only adjustable intraocular lens (IOL) that allows your physician to customize your vision after your cataract surgery
- Patients who received the Light Adjustable Lens followed by adjustments were twice as likely to achieve 20/20 vision at 6 months without glasses as those who received a standard monofocal IOL
- The cataract removal and IOL implantation procedure is the same as if you selected a non-adjustable IOL
- The Light Adjustable Lens is made of a special photosensitive material that changes the shape and power of your implanted lens in response to ultraviolet (UV) light
- You will have the unique ability to preview and compare possible vision outcomes based on your preferences and lifestyle requirements
- Light treatments that precisely reshape your implanted lens are delivered in your doctor’s office to adjust your vision to the desired target
- Light treatments are painless, non-invasive, and last approximately 90 seconds
- You may need 3 to 5 total light treatments over a period of several weeks to reach your vision goals.
- Because the lens is sensitive to UV light, you will be given special UV blocking glasses to protect the implant lens. Although extremely rare due to the built in UV protectant on the lens, it is possible for the lens to be altered by high levels of UV light.